The Union League Club is proud to be a leader in the art community through its engaging exhibition programs.
Exhibitions reflect varied art aesthetics—from traditional and realism to modern and contemporary—as well as a range of subjects and visual ideas. New ideas in art are explored and time-honored inspirations are revisited. The Club’s exhibitions provide a great opportunity to experience and support art in Chicago.
- Third Floor Gallery Exhibitions
Our Third Floor Gallery exhibitions present emerging and midcareer Chicago-area artists and are an exciting way for the Union League Club to express its commitment to community.
Third Floor Gallery artworks are for sale. Please contact Curator Elizabeth K. Whiting at 312.435.5942 or firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
- Special Exhibitions
In addition to the Third Floor Gallery exhibitions, the Club also presents small focused exhibitions in the Business Information Center on the fourth floor. These modest installations feature works from the Club’s collection or loaned from local collectors or institutions. They serve to enhance members’ understanding and appreciation of the collection.
Artist Submission Guidelines for Third Floor Gallery Exhibitions
Chicago-area artists who wish to exhibit their work in the Union League Club's Third Floor Gallery must submit their portfolio for exhibition consideration. Submissions are accepted at any time; portfolios are reviewed periodically. Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
Artist Submission Guidelines
The Union League Club of Chicago seeks submissions from Chicago-area artists to be considered for possible exhibition in the Club’s Third Floor Gallery. Following is an outline of the required information and materials which must be submitted by each artist for an exhibition at the Union League Club. Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
- Cover Letter and Résumé: This should include the artist’s education, exhibition history and/or awards, as well as the artist’s full contact information (address, a phone number where s/he can be reached during business hours, email).
- Digital Images on a CD: Please include 10-15 digital images of the artwork you are interested in exhibiting. Digital images must be submitted in 72-150 dpi, jpeg format on CD. A printed thumbnail index must be provided. Please number the thumbnails and include a description page which states artist’s name, title of the piece, date completed, medium (e.g., oils, watercolors, pencil, etc.), dimensions (height x width x [for sculpture] depth), and the price of each work.
PowerPoint slides or presentations, images embedded in PDF or Word documents, or images embedded in any type of word processing document will NOT be accepted for consideration.
- Artist’s Statement: Please include a brief statement describing your artwork. It may include a discussion of your artistic goals, an explanation of your techniques, or why you think your work should be exhibited at the Union League Club.
- Other: Artists may also include a minimal sample of recent reviews of previous exhibitions, photographs, a sample catalog, or the like.
- Self-Addressed and Stamped Envelope: If you would like your materials returned to you after our review, then please include a self-addressed and stamped envelope with your proposal.
If you have any questions about these guidelines or our procedures, please feel free to contact the Club’s Curator Elizabeth K. Whiting 312.435.5942 or email@example.com. All information must be typed and mailed to the following address: Curator Elizabeth K. Whiting, Union League Club of Chicago, 65 West Jackson Boulevard, Chicago, Illinois 60604.