MEMBER LOGIN   HOME   CONTACT US   FAQ   FEEDBACK


Union League Boys & Girls Clubs

 

 

 

 

Strong Foundation – Founded on December 26, 1919

Became an Affiliate Member of the Boys & Girls Clubs of America on February 23, 1920

Together we are changing lives…

In 1919, our founders took notice of the growing challenges faced by many families with young boys in Chicago. World War I left many boys fatherless and without guidance, triggering a rise in wayward youth roaming the streets often finding trouble. A dedicated group of civic-minded individuals at the Union League Club of Chicago created a boys club that provided youth with a positive environment to build character and enable them to become good citizens. They purchased a building on the near west side in the Pilsen community. Club One opened its doors offering parents peace of mind knowing their children had a safe place to build lifelong skills.

After 94 years, our mission remains relevant as we continue to furnish at-risk boys and girls a safe place to spend their after-school hours engaged in sports, studying and building lifelong skills. Club One was recently revitalized with a $5.0+ million renovation, solidifying a commitment of service to Chicago’s Near West Side families.

Our vision is to provide a Club experience that assures success is within reach of every young person who walks through our doors. We strive to ensure that all Club members are on track to graduate from high school with a plan for the future demonstrating good character and citizenship, and living a healthy lifestyle.

Through the generous support of individual donors, foundations, corporations and Union League Club members, we are one of the largest Boys & Girls Clubs in the country. Together we are changing lives as we focus programming for at-risk youth through our traditional clubs, school-based clubs, a community-based program site and a transformational summer residential camp in Wisconsin.

Traditional clubs

CLUB ONE
2157 West 19th Street
Serves the Pilsen community.

BARRETO CLUB
1214 North Washtenaw Avenue
Serves the Humboldt Park community.

School-based program sites

CLUB TWO
Located in Williams H. Wells Community Academy
936 N. Ashland Avenue
Serves the Near West Side community.

JOSIAH L. PICKARD CLUB
Located in Pickard School
2301 W. 21st Place
Serves the Pilsen and Lawndale communities.

CHICAGO INTERNATIONAL CHARTER SCHOOL (CICS)
2235 N. Hamilton Avenue
Serves the Bucktown community.

CLEMENTE CLUB
Located in Roberto Clemente Community Academy
1147 North Western Avenue
Serves the Humboldt Park community.

ULBGC CAMP
Located 65 miles north of Chicago, the Union League Boys and Girls Clubs Camp has provided a summer respite for thousands of at-risk youth since 1924. Occupying 247-acres on the rolling hills surrounding Lake Francis in Salem, Wisconsin, the camp welcomes hundreds of kids each summer for one or two week-long sessions filled with adventure, exploration, and fun at little or no cost to their families.

Community-based program site

Juvenile Temporary Detention Center Program
1100 S. Hamilton Street
Serves: Court-detained youth assigned to Juvenile Temporary Detention.

To become involved in our Boys & Girls Clubs, please call 312.435.5940 or visit our website at www.ulbgc.org

For more information you can also check out our 2013 annual report.