Generations of families have made membership in the Union League Club of Chicago a tradition. Native Chicagoans, newcomers to the city and non-resident members have found the Club provides a venue where they can make new acquaintances, participate in civic and cultural affairs, interact with other professionals and keep abreast of what is going on in the community.
For three consecutive terms in 2003, 2006 and 2009, the Union League Club was awarded honored as a Platinum Club of America. In 2009, the Union League Club was ranked America’s #1 City Club by the Club Leaders Forum.
The Union League Club welcomes individuals of all backgrounds, as each member brings a unique perspective and enriches the Club. Members share a commitment to community and country. Membership is open to any United States citizen 21 years of age or older that is sponsored by two current members.
Individuals who are not U.S. citizens may apply for Foreign National Privileges. A privilege holder enjoys full use of the Club but cannot vote or serve on governing bodies of the Club.
To receive a membership packet, or information on Foreign National Privileges, that includes an application and current initiation fees and dues rates, kindly complete the form below. You may also email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 312.435.4825.
Benefits of Belonging
- Networking and business opportunities
- 180 beautifully-appointed guest rooms
- Reciprocal arrangements with more than 200 clubs worldwide (click here for a list of reciprocal clubs)
- A variety of activities and events, from theater outings to family programs
- Award-winning chefs in not just one, but three unique restaurants
- State-of-the-art Athletic Department that features a 5-lane swimming pool, cardio room, weight room, squash courts, specialty classes and personal trainers
- Spa facilities complete with massage, manicures, pedicures and hair styling
- Opportunities to work with a variety of philanthropic and civic groups
- Access to one of the largest and most important private collections of American art
- Access to Club events such as Homecoming, our Halloween Party and an opportunity to hear presentations by notables such as Sandra Day O’Connor and General Petraeus.
To have information sent to you, please fill out the form below:
Types of Membership
There are three categories of membership: Resident, Metropolitan and Non-Resident. Membership classes are based primarily on age and geography. The Board of Directors has defined the classes of membership by U.S. Postal zip codes.